The Coronado Crest

• Varsity Boys Basketball Home Game November 27 vs. Midland Lee @ 7:30 p.m.

• Varsity Football Playoff Game November 16 @ Lowrey Field 7 p.m. vs. El Paso Chapin

• Thanksgiving Break November 19th-23rd

Motivation tips before Thanksgiving Break

Autumn Laine Hoskins, Editor-in-Chief

1. Create daily goals for yourself. Write down a goal that you have for the day. Keeping track of goals that you have for each day can help you stay focused.
  2. Start a study group. Having a study group can keep you focused and keep you aware of what you need to know. Your study group can help with staying motivated because there are multiple people helping with one thing.
  3. Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is a very important part of staying motivated. When you do not get enough sleep your mind tends to give out sooner and you become more tired and unmotivated. Getting plenty of sleep recharges your mind to where you stay more motivated.
  4. Establish a support system. Having many people or even just one person to have to fall back on can help you with staying positive. It is always easier to reach your objectives when you have the reassurance of having someone who is there for you.
  5. Cut out distractions. Meaning when you need to get something done, like homework or studying, turn your phone off or keep it in a different room. By keeping your phone away from you when you need to get something done, you won’t be distracted by texts, calls, social media, etc. This can help you get things done a lot faster, which means you can have more free time in the end.
  6. Take a break. When you’re stressed and have a ton to do, your brain can often feel too crowded. Go for a walk, hang out with family for a little while, play with your animals. Do something to take a break from everything. Once your mind feels better, go back and get your work done. You can stay more motivated by taking a short break to clear your mind.
  7. Make a visual of goals. Create a poster, mind map, board, etc… of your goals that you want to get accomplished. Hang it up somewhere you will see it everyday. Then cross off each time you accomplish a goal. By doing this, you see your goals everyday and are reminded that you need to get them done. This increases your chances of actually getting them done. Once you accomplish them and start to cross them off, this can make you feel proud which will lead to you accomplishing more each day.
  8. Begin. Don’t be afraid to just start. Sometimes the hardest part is starting. Start learning about the topic at hand; the more you know about something that more likely you are to become enthusiastic about it. By starting and actually doing the thing you need to do it will help you generate the enthusiasm that you’ll need to keep going.

About the Writer
Autumn Laine Hoskins, Editor-in-Chief

Hello wonderful people! I am Autumn Laine Hoskins, the Editor-in-Chief of the Coronado Crest this 2018-2019 school year. I am a senior this year so this...