The news site of Coronado High School

The Coronado Crest

Swimmers sign with McKendree

Samantha Hallier, Editor-in-Chief

Signing day is a very exciting and memorable day for any high school athlete. It is even more exciting when you get the chance to sign alongside one of your teammates and best friends. Cannon Talley and Tyler Hayes both signed their letter of content to swim for McKendree University in Lebanon Illinois.

This coming school year will be the first time Mckendree will have a swim team and the boys couldn’t be any more excited for the opportunities to come.

“I’m excited and I think our team will be amazing, even though it’s the first year,” Talley said.

Both Talley and Hayes have been teammates for their entire high school swimming career and they will continue on to be bearcats at McKendree.

“I’m excited for college and to be swimming with one of my good friends,” Hayes said.

Hayes and Talley have both had an amazing season this year with multiple district wins and numerous school records being broken. Mckendree plans on using Hayes for IM, backstroke and butterfly events. They also plan on using Talley for backstroke along with freestyle events.

Both boys have been looking forward to starting a new chapter of life as a Mckendree bearcat.

“I am looking forward to the new experiences and the freedom I will receive at Mckendree,” Talley said.

Next time you see either of these boys wish them the best of luck because these mustangs will soon be bearcats.